Town of east Gwillimbury

Development Charges

 Kelson Under Construction
 House under Construction

Please note that you may be required to pay development charges for any residential or non-residential development if you are:

  • Erecting a new building(s);
  • Making an addition or alteration to an existing building which increase the grows floor areas or number of units; and/or
  •  Redeveloping a property or properties which result in change of use.

Pursuant to the legislation, the municipality is authorized to collect Development Charges on behalf of the Regional Municipality of York and the York Catholic and Public District School Boards. The rates are subject to indexing in accordance with the various by-laws. Each jurisdiction is responsible for setting the rates of its own Development Charges, indexing and for determining any exemptions. For inquiries dealing with calculations and exemptions, each jurisdiction should be contacted regarding their respective development charge by-laws.

Town of East Gwillimbury Development Charges

You can find more information on the Town of East Gwillimbury development charges including the appropriate contact information for the Town, the Region of York and School Boards here.